The BITS-PILANI QUIZZING FORUM!
2. X's name can be found in the Guinness book of world records as one of the greatest misers of the world. As legend goes, when her son got injured, she didn't pay for the doctor and tried to heal him herself, two years later when the wound still hadn't healed, she dressed him in rags and pretended to be a charity case. She died the richest women in U.S with a little over 100 million dollars(1.5 billion in todays world). She was nick named as the ______ of wall street(hint:alliteration). Obviously I don't expect you to know X, once you get the blank you will get X
what is this?
4. Ofcourse, you all know him.
5. What are these? and connect.
1. Hmmm, the first pic was a giveaway...the answer is indeed Bernoulli. The fist pic is of the Bernoulli Family, which gave us so many mathematicians. The second pic is that of the graph of the bernoulli equation. The pic is of iomega, a company that manufactures storage devices. They made a 250 MB floppy sorta disk way back in 198, it was called the bernoulli box.
Cracked by Vivek
2.The Witch of Wall Street, Hetty Green, surprisingly cracked by many. Good answer guys!
Cracked by Ashwin, Vivek and Anks
3. Its the career graph of the great Leonard Hutton, whose world record was broken by Sir Gary Sobers when he scored 365* (Hutton scored 364). Many guessed Bradman. Bradman retired in 1948(after the invincibles)
Brilliant answer Lokesh
4. Tom Cruise. Does look a lot like him doesn't it?
Cracked only by Anks
5. Hmmm....well everyone said swiss army and vatican, well not the answer I was looking for, but then technically that answer is right too.
The answer I was looking for was :
Vatican and Switzerland: The only two "Square" flags in the world, as is evident in the pics.
- At December 6, 2007 at 1:48 PM Ashwin Krishnan said...
- At December 6, 2007 at 6:19 PM Lokesh Awasthy said...
3. Don Bradman's caeer graph
4. Tom Cruise
- At December 6, 2007 at 6:43 PM Lokesh Awasthy said...
3. Len Hutton (first 300!!)
- At December 7, 2007 at 2:27 PM anks said...
2.hetty green..dere is a book written on her life too..
- At December 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM neanderthaldude said...
5. the Vatican and the Swiss guards?
- At December 8, 2007 at 12:34 AM Vivek Krishnan said...
Welcome to Keep Guessing