The BITS-PILANI QUIZZING FORUM!
These are pictures of a church somewhere in England. How has this church been immortalized in popular culture.
Here's a better pic
Another hint would be that its somewhere in Cambridgeshire, though thats only because it might in handy while googling. Don't want to give any more hints for this. This question comes under those on-the-spot hunches that turn out to be right category.
And the answer is:
This is Ely Cathedral. The second pic was a good enough clue. Great Answer Sethu!!!!
- At December 9, 2007 at 6:45 PM Anand Shankar said...
is this glouchester cathedral?the setting for hogwarts in the harry potter movies??
- At December 9, 2007 at 11:59 PM UDit said...
the lincoln cathedral? where da vinci code was shot?
- At December 10, 2007 at 12:06 AM UDit said...
is it lincoln cathedral, the place where da vinci code was shot?
- At December 10, 2007 at 10:08 AM Arun Sethuraman said...
muhahahahahhahahaa! i know this! :D
the division bell heads; this is the church that you can see between the lips of the two heads! :D
- At December 11, 2007 at 11:38 AM Vivek Krishnan said...
who the fuck would look beyond those two sculptures to recognise some obscure church in the background??!?!? not even marcus sedgwick would've got this...
- At December 11, 2007 at 4:43 PM rishabh said...
but arun did :P
- At December 11, 2007 at 6:25 PM Arun Sethuraman said...
btw, there's loads of fundae associated with those sculptures; one being the church, the other being that they parked two trucks to get the transfer of information effect between the two lips!
there's this guy named storm thorgerson who does such artwork for pink floyd, audioslave, led zeppelin, etc. google him up!lovely lovely art!
- At December 11, 2007 at 7:58 PM rishabh said...
Yep I know. Read about his work quite recently. Brilliant stuff.
Welcome to Keep Guessing