The BITS-PILANI QUIZZING FORUM!
Easy one. When and why was this Google home page used?
Most of you got it. The page was to create awareness for Earth Hour, which took place on 29th March. This, however, has nothing to do with Blackle.com or any other website which claims to save energy by using a black screen.
- At April 1, 2008 at 11:38 AM trilok said...
This is the concept used to save energy. The removed part will say "so many watt hours saved"
- At April 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM trilok said...
Refined answer to my actual answer - Homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a worldwide energy conservation effort called Earth Hour,
"We have turned the lights out. its Your turn - Earth hour"
- At April 1, 2008 at 12:47 PM vijay said...
i wud say world energy conservation day or something like that..black screens use less energy
- At April 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM vijay said...
just found out it is in support of world earh hour campaign on march 29th :D
- At April 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM rishabh said...
All the countries that celebrated Earth Hour, their respective Google searches "switched off" its lights to commemorate the day. March 29th
- At April 1, 2008 at 2:23 PM Rajat Tibrewal said...
used not really to conserve power.. LCD screens dont work on this theory. The black backgound was used just to highlight the sudden change in the webpage in order to attract people to the concept of Earth Day
- At April 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM Abhijeet said...
blackle.com released on earth day because when black webpages are used less power is consumed
- At April 1, 2008 at 4:34 PM Anand said...
earth hour :)
- At April 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM Anonymous said...
during earth hour on march29(saturday)..
Welcome to Keep Guessing